3.1.12

Cat haiku

The food in my bowl is old,
and more to the point,
Contains no tuna.

So you want to play.
Will I claw at dancing string?
Your ankle is closer.

There's no dignity
In being sick - which is why
I don't tell you where.

Seeking solitude
I am locked in the closet.
For once I need you.

Tiny can, dumped in
Plastic bowl. Presentation,
One star; service: none.

Am I in your way?
You seem to have it backwards:
This pillow is taken.

Your mouth is moving;
Up and down, emitting noise.
I've lost interest.

Most problems can be
Ignored. The more difficult
Ones can be slept through.

Cats can't steal the breath
Of children. But if my tail's
Pulled again, I'll learn.

I don't mind being
Teased, any more than you mind
A skin graft or two.

My brain: walnut-sized.
Yours: largest among primates.
Yet, who leaves for work?

(found on the net)